5 ideas for Christmas presents that aren't physical things
The ultimate last minute gifts
For the last blog post in my Sustainable Christmas Series I thought I would share some ideas for gifts that aren't actually physical things - this often can be kinder for the planet, help you support independents and also is great for those of you who may have left your Christmas shopping to the last minute!!
So this year instead of buying loads of stuff (that potentially might just get returned or shoved to the back of a cupboard and forgotten about) why not give your loved one something a bit different.
- Gift a membership to organisations that are kind to the planet. Why not join your local Wildlife Trust or the National Trust
- An experience to remember - If you have been part of my community for a while you will know how much I love Knepp Wildland - a rewilding project in West Sussex. A great way to see the site and understand it's importance is to do one of their Wildlife Safaris. And there are a whole host to choose from - experiencing the dawn chorus, to bees, butterflies, bats and moths and my personal favourite owls! I can not think of anything more joyful and beautiful then giving the gift of one their Safaris!
- Learning a new skill - In person workshops are another great gift -you can pretty much find a workshop for anything from bread making, plants and flowers to sewing. Have a look for workshops in your area so you can support a local small business.
- The gift that keeps on giving - With the uncertainty of everything at the moment another great option would be to gift an online course or subscription. There is a whole range of options from meditation, to audio books to yoga,
- Keeping it simple - Gift cards are a great option if you are not 100% sure what to get - maybe see if your favourite small business has gift cards or businesses that champion people and the planet. A great option is Bookshop.org - the perfect gift for the avid reader in your life that helps support our independent bookshops!
That's all for today, I hope this gives you a few ideas of thoughtful gifts that you can get last minute that support local businesses and are kind to the planet! Until next time
I am Kelly Townsend and this is the Small Kindness Blog. I am a scientist, soapmaker, bee lover, a rewilding obsessive, and I want to spread Small Kindnesses through the medium of soap. Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for your daily dose of kindness, sustainability and of course the joy that is soap.